17 October 2016
Congratulations to our half marathon winners, Jenna Challenor for the second time (1:16:25) and David Manja also for the second time (1:02:51). In the 10km, Nyahora Rutendo won the ladies race (0:34:02) and Gladwin Mzazi crossed the Gun Run finish line first for the fourth time (0:29:32). Well done to everyone who completed their first race and all those who achieved PBs out on the Gun Run course yesterday. Thanks to the organisers, partners, sponsors and the Top Events timing system.
What a race!
16 October 2016
A record field of 21,000 turned out to race the 24th OUTsurance KFM Gun Run in almost perfect conditions in Cape Town this morning. See our post race interviews with the two-time half marathon winner Jenna Challenor and the legendary South African marathon runner Gert Thys on Facebook. Well done to all our runners, those who ran their first distances and those who smashed PBs. Thanks also to all our sponsors, partners and suppliers who make this race truly amazing, we'll be back better than ever in 2017! Check out Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all the race photos. Still got some to upload? tag them with #GunRun2016.
See you next year, The Gun Run team
Get your race on!
16 October 2016
21,000 runners will be out on the road this morning at the 24th OUTsurance KFM Gun Run. Watch the start of race live on Facebook, tweet and instagram your race pictures to @GunRunSA using the #GunRun2015 hashtag and listen to KFM broadcasting live. Good luck to all participants and supporters. See you on the road!
Time to get your kit ready!
15 October 2016
A few tips for tomorrow to make sure you have a great race:
1. Check the start times: 21km at 6:30am, 10km at 7:15am and 5km at 8:30am. Aim to arrive at least an hour before, and be in your seeding pen early for a fast start.
2. Plan how you are getting to the start. Please look at the parking information for this year's race. We recommend all runners take the free MyCiTi shuttle bus from the Civic Centre to the Stadium Circle.
3. You can still enter the 5km at the race. Entries are R40 at the Top Events tent.
4. Pin your race number on the FRONT of your vest or T-shirt so the officials and timekeepers can identify you.
5. The letter on your number indicates your seeding pen. Look out for signage.
6. 21km and 10km runners, your chip is the foam strip on your race number.
7. Pack your energy gels – don’t try anything new only what you’ve tested in training.
8. Take a sports drink to sip while you are waiting for the start.
9. Bring anti-chaffe, sunblock and cap.
10. Get out your race watch or Garmin – check it’s charged and got full battery!
11. The little tear off corner on your race number is for the lucky draw so if you are planning on sticking around, please place it in the lucky draw bins at the finish.
12. Don't forget money to buy drinks and snacks once you've crossed the finish line.
13. Drop your bag off at the Biddulphs tog bag truck, don't leave any valuables inside.
14. Tweet and Instagram your race pictures to @GunRunSA using #GunRun2016.
Number collection: This Friday and Saturday
9 October 2016
Number collection is open from 12pm–6pm on Friday 14th and 9am–4pm Saturday 15th. Please collect your race number, temporary licence (if applicable) and Gun Run T-shirt (if you ordered one) from the number collection point you chose when you entered. You will receive a confirmation SMS that will tell you your race details and collection point. Please bring some form of ID, your confirmation of entry email or SMS to number collection.
There will be no number collection at the race. No upgrades, downgrades or substitutions allowed this year.
2016 entries have closed
3 October 2016
Entries have closed for the half marathon and 10km races. If you missed out, it is still possible to enter the 5km on the morning of race day. Look for the Top Events tent near the start on Sunday 16 October.
ENTRIES CLOSE TONIGHT (SUNDAY 2 OCTOBER) AT MIDNIGHT
2 October 2016
Only a few hours until entries close for the half marathon and 10km. No late entries accepted. You have until midnight tonight to enter online.
Entries closing Sunday 2 October
26 September 2016
Entries in Sportsmans Warehouse stores closed yesterday. You have up until midnight this Sunday 2 October to enter so make sure you do and remind your friends and family too! Enter here today!
Join us for our Wednesday Warm-Up Runs
22 August 2016
Looking for a group to train with in preparation for the Gun Run, then come and join us for our Wednesday Warm-Up runs. Meet at the Atlantic Athletic Club gazebo on the field next to the Lighthouse in Mouille Point to start running at 6pm. You can choose between a 5km and an 8km, with both routes heading out towards Bantry Bay along the Sea Point Promenade. It's impossible to get lost and it’s a safe running environment. Mother Nature usually treats us to a stunning sunset, so make a plan to end your Wednesdays with a run.
2016 Online entries are open!
11 July 2016
Online entries opened today. Use the enter buttons on the navigation and from the individual race pages to register for the Gun Run 2016. Remember entries close two weeks before the race at midnight on Sunday 2 October. Every year we have disappointed runners who forget to enter in time, so if you aren't entering today, set a reminder on your phone, calendar or in your diary to remind you of the closing date.
RACE DAY CONFIRMED AS SUNDAY 16 OCTOBER 2016
4 July 2016
This year's race will be run on Sunday 16 October, watch this space as entries will be going live very soon.
2016 entries opening soon!
7 June 2016
Keep an eye on the website for all the latest news. Entries will be opening shortly.