And the 2018 winners are…
14 October 2018
17,000 runners enjoyed the Mother City's spectacular scenery and perfect Cape Town weather conditions for road racing this morning at the 26th OUTsurance Kfm 94.5 Gun Run. Congratulations to Jenet Mbhele our first lady and David Manja who won his third successive title in the half marathon. In the 10km, Precious Mashele won his consecutive 10km title and Rutendo Nyahora crossed the finish line first in the ladies race. Well done to all our runners, those who ran their first distances and those who smashed PBs. Thanks also to all our sponsors, partners and suppliers who make this race truly amazing, we'll be back better than ever in 2019! Check out Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all the race photos. Still got some to upload? tag them with #GunRun2018.
See you next year, The Gun Run
What a race!
14 October 2018
Thanks to all the runners, supporters, sponsors and organisers of the 2018 Outsurance 94.5Kfm Gun Run. We're compiling the results and will be announcing the prize winners shortly.
Time to get your kit ready!
14 October 2018
A few tips for today to make sure you have a great race:
1. Check the start times: 21km at 6:30am, 10km at 7:15am and 5km at 8:30am. Aim to arrive at least an hour before, and be in your seeding pen early for a fast start.
2. Plan how you are getting to the start. Please look at the parking information for this year's race. We recommend all runners take the free MyCiTi shuttle bus from the Civic Centre to the Stadium stop.
3. Pin your race number on the FRONT of your vest or T-shirt so the officials and timekeepers can identify you.
4. 21km and 10km runners, your chip is the foam strip on your race number.
5. Pack your energy gels – don’t try anything new only what you’ve tested in training.
6. Take a sports drink to sip while you are waiting for the start.
7. Bring anti-chaffe, sunblock and cap.
8. Get out your race watch or Garmin – check it’s charged and got full battery!
9. The little tear off corner on your race number is for the lucky draw so if you are planning on sticking around, please place it in the lucky draw bins at the finish.
10. Don't forget money to buy drinks and snacks once you've crossed the finish line.
11. Drop your bag off at the Biddulphs tog bag truck, don't leave any valuables inside.
12. Tweet and Instagram your race pictures to @GunRunSA using #GunRun2018
Number collection: This Friday and Saturday
11 October 2018
Number collection is open from 12pm–6pm on Friday and 9am–4pm Saturday. Please collect your race number, temporary licence (if applicable) and Gun Run T-shirt (if you ordered one) from the number collection point you chose when you entered. You will receive a confirmation SMS that will tell you your race details and collection point. Please bring some form of ID, your confirmation of entry email or SMS to number collection.
There will be no number collection at the race.
5km entries available at Sportmans Warehouse during number collection
8 October 2018
If you missed out on entering the 10km or the half marathon there is still time to enter the 5km race at our number collection venues on Friday and Saturday this week. Please note, there will be NO 5KM ENTRIES ON RACE DAY.
Entries have closed
5 October 2018
Entries have closed for the half marathon, 10km and 5km. No late entries will be accepted and there will be no 5km entry on the day.
25 July 2018
Don't forget to order your 2018 souvenir race t-shirt when you enter. T-shirts are available to purchase for R215 and R10 from each sale will be donated to our charity, the Amy Foundation. They are lightweight, comfy, unisex and made from technical quick-dry fabric. They are also sublimated which means that the t-shirt design is part of the garment and long-lasting. You will never have the unfortunate “peeling” effect of a well-worn t-shirt.
Race day announced!
9 April 2018
Hold onto your running shoes, the date for this year's race is Sunday 14 October. We're hoping to have entries open in June so watch this space.
2018 race information coming soon
5 April 2018
We're working hard behind the scenes on the Gun Run 2018. We're hoping to have entries open in June so watch this space.