Results are out!
8 October 2017
20,000 runners were out on the Cape Town roads this morning for the 25th OUTsurance Kfm 94.5 Gun Run in almost perfect conditions. Congratulations to Jenna Challenor and David Manja who successfully defended their 2016 wins in the half marathon with Precious Mashele and Zintle Xiniwe winning the 10km races. Well done to all our runners, those who ran their first distances and those who smashed PBs. Thanks also to all our sponsors, partners and suppliers who make this race truly amazing, we'll be back better than ever in 2018! Check out Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for all the race photos. Still got some to upload? tag them with #GunRun2017.
See you next year, The Gun Run team
Get your race on!
8 October 2017
20,000 runners will be out on the road this morning at the 25th OUTsurance Kfm 94.5 Gun Run. Watch the start of race live on Facebook, tweet and instagram your race pictures to @GunRunSA using the #GunRun2017 hashtag and listen to Kfm 94.5 broadcasting live. Good luck to all participants and supporters!
Quick reminder of race starting times: 21km at: 6:30, 10km at 7:15 and 5km at 8:30. All start near the Hotel School on Beach Road.
Time to get your kit ready!
7 October 2017
A few tips for tomorrow to make sure you have a great race:
1. Check the start times: 21km at 6:30am, 10km at 7:15am and 5km at 8:30am. Aim to arrive at least an hour before, and be in your seeding pen early for a fast start.
2. Plan how you are getting to the start. Please look at the parking information for this year's race. We recommend all runners take the free MyCiTi shuttle bus from the Civic Centre to the Stadium stop.
3. Pin your race number on the FRONT of your vest or T-shirt so the officials and timekeepers can identify you.
4. The letter on your number indicates your seeding pen. Look out for signage.
5. 21km and 10km runners, your chip is the foam strip on your race number.
6. Pack your energy gels – don’t try anything new only what you’ve tested in training.
7. Take a sports drink to sip while you are waiting for the start.
8. Bring anti-chaffe, sunblock and cap.
9. Get out your race watch or Garmin – check it’s charged and got full battery!
10. The little tear off corner on your race number is for the lucky draw so if you are planning on sticking around, please place it in the lucky draw bins at the finish.
11. Don't forget money to buy drinks and snacks once you've crossed the finish line.
12. Drop your bag off at the Biddulphs tog bag truck, don't leave any valuables inside.
13. Tweet and Instagram your race pictures to @GunRunSA using #GunRun2017.
Number collection: This Friday and Saturday
2 October 2017
Number collection is open from 12pm–6pm on Friday 6th and 9am–4pm Saturday 7th. Please collect your race number, temporary licence (if applicable) and Gun Run T-shirt (if you ordered one) from the number collection point you chose when you entered. You will receive a confirmation SMS that will tell you your race details and collection point. Please bring some form of ID, your confirmation of entry email or SMS to number collection.
There will be no number collection at the race.
Entries have closed
29 September 2017
Entries have closed for the half marathon, 10km and 5km. No late entries will be accepted and there will be no 5km entry on the day.
Entries extended until Thursday 28 September!
25 September 2017
We know that the long weekend might have delayed your plans to enter this year's Gun Run, and our 25th birthday event, but we really don't want you to miss out so we have extended entries until midnight this Thursday 28th September. So enter now!
Entries closing on Sunday!
19 September 2017
Don't miss out, you have up until midnight this Sunday 24 September to enter so make sure you do and remind your friends and family too! Enter here today!
Only two weeks left to enter the 25th anniversary race!
6 September 2017
Entries close on Sunday 24 September. Don't miss out, get your entry in now!
25th anniversary entries are open!
16 July 2017
It's our 25th running of this iconic Cape Town road race on 8th October 2017. Get your entry early so you don't miss out!